Participants within the Subsocial ecosystem will need to acquire Subsocial tokens in order to perform actions. The following list outlines typical groups of people who will demand the token.
- Users will need tokens to pay for transactions or to stake and get free transactions.
- Content creators to get their content prioritized ("advertising" in a sense)
- People who want to participate in governance (this is to shape the development of the Subsocial ecosystem in a decentralized way).
- Get access to special contents (special spaces)
- Collators need tokens to run a validator node of the Subsocial parachain.
- Users who wish to purchase a token of a particular space will require Subsocial main tokens.
There are certain participants within the network who perform vital functions to maintain the integrity and availability of the network, as such these participants will be rewarded with Subsocial tokens. This will be a form of inflation paid out from the block reward.
- Collators (who produce blocks on the Subsocial chain)
- PLO participants (users who provide the security deposit for the parachain auction)
We also considered whether the following actors within our ecosystem should be rewarded with native Subsocial tokens, but may put the emphasis on these actors creating their own tokens on Subsocial. This means it will be that spaces within Subsocial should choose how to reward the following:
- Content creators
The main token has a number of different uses that we outline below. The main use for the token will be for creators to monetize their content in different ways. Please note that some of these features are still in development.
- Content Monetization
- Sell or rent your space
- Deploy smart contracts
- Deploy new tokens (e.g. space tokens or social tokens)
- Vote in governance See the Lightpaper for greater details.